How to connect new Timberline and Ironwood grills to WiFi and pair it with the Traeger app.
- Station your grill as close to the nearest router as possible.
- Pro Tip: Check out our free Self-Help WiFi diagnostics app to check your connection strength and see if anything on your network may prevent your from connecting successfully!
- Download the latest Traeger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Ensure your smart device is connected to the 2.4 GHz WiFi network to which you want your grill connected.
- Turn on smart device's Bluetooth.
- Open the Traeger app and create an account or log in with your existing account.
- Plug in and turn on your grill.
- Tap the Grill icon at the bottom of the Traeger app and tap, ADD GRILL.
- Select the controller image that looks like your grill's controller.
- On your grill's controller, press the Menu button and navigate to WiFIRE Connectivity > Connect Grill. Press, Tap Here to Start Pairing to initiate sending its Bluetooth signal.
- Confirm your WiFi router has the 2.4GHz network turned on, and tap, NEXT.
- The Traeger app will begin searching for nearby grills. You may be prompted to turn on Bluetooth if you haven't already done so.
- When the app finds your grill, it will appear on your screen. Tap the grill to confirm the selection and press, NEXT. The app will begin to establish a connection with the grill.
- The app will prompt you to enter a Bluetooth Passkey, which can be found on your grill's controller display. Enter the Passkey and tap, Pair.
- One connection establishes, you will be prompted to enter your WiFi password and your app will start checking the WiFi connection. Your controller screen will also update to the same screen.
- When connection establishes, you can name your grill!
- The app will finalize your home network connection, and you'll be connected!
No Bluetooth Passkey?
If while pairing the grill or accessories, you are not able to obtain a Bluetooth Passcode, take the following steps:
- Power off the grill
- Unplug the grill from the outlet.
- With the grill unplugged, press power button once.
- Let power drain for one minute.
- After one minute, press power button again.
- Plug the grill back into the outlet.
- Power on the grill.
- Wait for the display to turn back on; can take 5 minutes.
If the grill gets stuck on the "Checking WiFi Connection" or the "Searching for Grill" screens during the pairing process and the grill is unable to pair, follow Stuck on Checking Connection or Searching for Grill Screens - Touchscreen Grills.
Can I Connect/Pair While Seasoning?
Absolutely! This process can be done while seasoning your grill. Just remember to let the seasoning process finish once you're done pairing your grill.