How to connect new Timberline and Ironwood grills to WiFi and pair it with the Traeger app.
- Station your grill as close to the nearest router as possible.
- Pro Tip: Check out our free Self-Help WiFi diagnostics app to check your connection strength and see if anything on your network may prevent your from connecting successfully!
- Download the latest Traeger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Ensure your smart device is connected to the 2.4 GHz WiFi network to which you want your grill connected.
- Turn on smart device's Bluetooth.
- Open the Traeger app and create an account or log in with your existing account.
- Plug in and turn on your grill.
- Tap the Grill icon at the bottom of the Traeger app and tap, ADD GRILL.
- On your grill's controller, press the Menu button and navigate to WiFIRE Connectivity > Connect Grill.
- Tap, Tap Here to Start Pairing to initiate sending its Bluetooth signal. The controller will provide a Bluetooth Passkey.
- Once your phone detects the grill's Bluetooth signal and you confirm the device selection, your phone will start establishing a WiFi connection.
- Your phone will prompt you to enter the Bluetooth Passkey shown on your grill's controller. Enter the Passkey and tap, Pair. Your app will begin establishing connection to your 2.4 GHz WiFi.
- One connection establishes, you will be prompted to enter your WiFi password and your app will start checking the WiFi connection. Your controller screen will also update to the same screen.
- When connection establishes, you can name your grill!
- The app will finalize your home network connection, and you'll be connected!
Can I Connect/Pair While Seasoning?
Absolutely! This process can be done while seasoning your grill. Just remember to let the seasoning process finish once you're done pairing your grill.