How to install a new hopper assembly on a Timberline grill.
Part Numbers: KIT0661, KIT0662
Replacing a hopper assembly is easiest when done with 2 people.
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding
To continue you'll need to remove your hopper service panel. To remove this panel for the first time, you'll need to use an impact driver to remove the screws behind the P.A.L rail on your hopper service panel.
- If this is your first time removing the hopper service panel and you don't have an impact driver of your own. Contact our customer support team and we'll send you a complimentary manual impact driver.
- If you already have a manual impact driver, proceed to removing the hopper service panel.
- If you have already removed the service panel screws, you can disregard the impact driver and use a regular Phillips screwdriver.
- Once you've removed the screws using the impact driver, continue with the next steps outlined here in this article.
REMOVE THE HOPPER ASSEMBLY
- Turn off and unplug the grill.
- Use a manual impact driver to remove the 6 screws from the hopper service panel on the right side of the hopper: 2 on top, 2 on the bottom, and 2 just under the side P.A.L Rail.
- Remove the hopper service panel.
- Remove the 4 screws from the Smart Combustion cover and pull off the cover.
- Disconnect all connections from the motherboard.
- The wire connectors are unique and will only be able to be replaced in the same spot. There is no need to worry about remembering where each wire connects to the motherboard.
- See time marker 0:49 - 1:24 in the video above.
- Remove the two bolts and washer that connect the front P.A.L Rail to the hopper.
- Remove the 6 screws found inside the hopper assembly that connect the assembly to the grill barrel and the cabinet.
- 4 connecting to the barrel and 2 to the cabinet.
- Loosen and arrange cables so they are not caught on anything
- Lift the hopper assembly up slightly and pull it away from the grill, carefully directing the wires through their entry points, if needed.
INSTALL THE NEW HOPPER ASSEMBLY
- Lift the new assembly and have one person balance the assembly on the grill frame while the other person feeds the wires through their appropriate entry points.
- Slide the new hopper into place, making sure the auger enters the auger tube.
- Screw the hopper into place using the 6 screws you removed when uninstalling the previous hopper assembly (4 to the barrel and 2 to the cabinet).
- Reattach the P.A.L Rail to the hopper.
- Reconnect the wires to the Motherboard.
- Reinstall the Smart Combustion cover.
- Reinstall the hopper service panel.