Your one-stop shop to find out how to navigate and get the most out of your Traeger app.
How to Download the Traeger App
The Traeger app is available on both the Apple App Store and on the Google Play Store. To find the app, search using the keyword, Traeger. Or follow the links below to download the app:
- iPhone: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/traeger/id1094569463
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.traegergrills.app&hl=en_US&pli=1
Current App Version & Device Compatibility
|Current App Version||3.1.3||3.1.3|
|OS Compatibility||Android 10 & Newer||iOS 14 & Newer|
|How to Find Your Phone's OS Version
||How to check & update your Android OS version||How to check your iPhone's iOS version|
|*Older mobile devices may not support newer operating systems. In these cases, customers will need to use a newer device to use the Traeger app.|
What Can/Can't I Do in the Traeger App?
|CAN DO||CANNOT DO|
Access to the Traeger community
Control multiple grills from the comfort of your device
Use 'Make Now' function
Check maintenance and get support
App & Grill Settings Pages in the Traeger App
The Traeger app has two Settings pages: one containing your app's settings and one with your grill's settings.
The grill settings page contains the following information:
- Grill Name: The nickname you gave your grill during pairing.
- Firmware Version: Your grill's current firmware version.
- Config Version: Your grill's config version is specific to your model.
- WiFi SSID/Network: The WiFi network your grill is connected to.
- Signal Strength: How strong your WiFi signal is. Optimal strength is between –30 and –70 dBm. Check out Home WiFi Setup to see ways to improve signal strength.
- UUID: The UUID is the grill's unique network name.
To get to your grill's settings page in the app:
- Tap on the grill icon at the bottom of the app's home page.
- Tap, Settings.
The app settings page contains your account information, notification settings, and app information. To get to the app's settings page:
- Tap the profile icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Tap the settings gear icon.
Changing Your Grill's Temperature from the Traeger App
Change your grill's temp on the fly right from your phone.
Your grill must be on and already ignited to change your grill's temperature.
- Go to the grill's dashboard by tapping the grill icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Temperature.
- Scroll to desired temperature, click the Confirm button on the bottom of the screen.
- The new temperature is reflected above Goal within the Grill temperature box.
Setting a Timer in the Traeger App
Set a timer in the Traeger app without ever having to leave your couch.
- Open the Traeger App.
- Tap on the grill banner on the bottom of the screen.
- Timers can only be set on active grills.
- Within the grill controller page, tap on Timer.
- Scroll to desired time, press Confirm.
- The set timer will now show on the grill control page, on the grill banner at the bottom of the app, and on the connected WiFIRE grill.
Managing Your Push Notifications
Getting too many notifications or not getting enough? Set your preferences here.
- Open the Traeger app.
- Tap on your profile in the top-left corner of the app.
- Tap the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Find the Notifications setting and tap, PUSH NOTIFICATIONS.
- Tap, GO TO SETTINGS. This will open your device's notification settings.
- Set your notifications based on your device type.
Push Notifications not Working
For optimal use of the Traeger App, the app must be updated to the latest version. Users on older version will no longer receive push notifications in the app. To solve this problem, update the app in the app store.
Some devices may be too old to update to the new app. Users are free to continue to use the old app or connect to the grill on another device.
Using Traeger App Recipes
Adjusting Serving Sizes & Measurements
You can change a meal's serving size on the Traeger app, which automatically adjusts the ingredient measurements.
- Find the recipe of your choice.
- Tap Ingredients.
- To change the serving size, tap a number under SERVING SIZE.
- Tap GOT IT.
- To change the system of measurement, tap under MEASUREMENT.
- You have adjusted the recipe's ingredient measurements based on serving size.
Using a MAKE NOW Recipe
Recipes in the Traeger app include a feature called, MAKE NOW. This feature sends the recipe's timer and temperature instructions to your grill so you can focus on other things and not worry about keeping tabs on your food. It also pins the recipe to your grill's dashboard on the app.
NOTE: When using MAKE NOW, you will not be able to change your grill's timer or temperature from the recipe's steps.
- Turn on and preheat your grill (Igniting your grill is one of the only things you can't do from the Traeger app).
- Find the recipe of your choice within the Traeger app.
- Tap, STEPS, to open up the recipe instructions.
- Tap, MAKE NOW.
- Tap, BEGIN COOK.
- Let the grill do the work for you!
MAKE NOW Progress Bar
The progress bar displays the recipe's completion status.
- The progress is indicated by the number of completed steps, not by time.
Completing a MAKE NOW Recipe
Once the recipe finishes, the grill will change the temperature to KEEP WARM. KEEP WARM sets the grill to 165°F/74°C to keep your food at a safe temperature until you are ready to serve your meal.
Stopping an in-Progress MAKE NOW Cook
Tapping STOP on a MAKE NOW recipe stops the MAKE NOW feature and puts the grill back to manual mode. You can resume where you left off by tapping 'Start' from the MAKE NOW widget, which is pinned to your grill's dashboard. The cook cycle instructions will resend to your grill.
- In the MAKE NOW widget, tap, STOP.
- Tap, YES, STOP, to stop the recipe.
Canceling an in-Progress MAKE NOW Cook
Canceling a MAKE NOW cook cancels the cook. Unlike stopping a MAKE NOW recipe, you will not be able to resume your cook where you left off.
- In the MAKE NOW widget, tap the trash can icon.
- The MAKE NOW widget is now removed from your dashboard, and the cook is canceled.
Using the Traeger App with Multiple Users & Grills
Adding an Additional User to Your Traeger App
You can monitor your grill from multiple devices, so long each instance of the app is signed into the same account.
Adding Additional Grills
Follow our instructions below to add a second, third, or even fourth grill.
- Open the Traeger App on your mobile device. Make sure you are connected to your WiFi network.
- Open your existing grill's dashboard.
- Tap on your grill's name.
- Select, Add Grill.
- Turn on the new grill and follow the pairing process:
- Start Traegering!
Switching between Grills
- On the Traeger App, you can control multiple grills at the same time.
- Within the app, go to the grill's homepage by tapping the banner at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the grill's name at the top of the page to access your grills.
- Tap the grill you'd like to control.
- Traeger on!
Removing a Grill from the Traeger App
- Tap the grill icon to open your grill's dashboard.
- Tap on your grill's name.
- Tap the three dots on the right side of your grill's name.
- Tap, Remove Grill.
Changing Your Grill's Name
Have some fun naming your grill!
- Open your Traeger app.
- Go to your grill's homepage by tapping the grill icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of your grill's homepage and tap, Settings.
- Tap Grill Name.
- Enter your grill's new nickname.
- Click Save at the top right corner of your screen.
- Congratulations! You've successfully renamed your grill.