Frequently Asked Questions about the Apple Watch App.
APPLE WATCH APP FAQ
DO I HAVE TO HAVE AN IPHONE TO USE THE APPLE WATCH APP?
The Apple Watch functions off the data of a paired iPhone. In order to use this app, you will need to have a functioning iPhone.
IS MY WATCH SHOWING ME MY STATUS IN REAL TIME?
The Apple Watch requests the latest status of the grill from your phone every 5 seconds.
HOW DO I INSTALL THE APPLE WATCH APP?
The Watch app is installed/uninstalled through the watch app on the iPhone.
WHICH COMPLICATIONS ARE SUPPORTED?
A complication is the little bits of information from apps that appear on the watch face, and some watch models support various complications. At this time, we only support the basic complication.
HOW DO I SCROLL THROUGH THE APP?
You can use both swipe and crown to scroll through the app.
HOW DO I FORCE QUIT THE APP?
- Make sure you’re in the app you’d like to force quit.
- Press and hold the side button until the power screen appears.
- Now press and hold the Digital Crown.
- When successful, you’ll see an animation of the app closing as it fades to the watch face.
I HAVE MULTIPLE GRILLS PAIRED TO MY APP. WHICH WILL SHOW ON MY APPLE WATCH?
The grill displayed on the watch is the same grill that is displayed on your iPhone.
- If you want to change the grill displayed on your watch, you would need to open the app on your iPhone and select a different grill.
WILL AN APP BE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER SMART WATCHES?
The watch app is only available for Apple Watch. There are no plans at this time to provide a watch app for any other smart watches.
ARE THERE ANY RECOMMENDED SETTINGS?
While your Apple Watch's default settings will work great for the Traeger Apple Watch App, we do recommend updating your Wake Screen settings to accommodate the app's load time. Apple's default wake 'ON TAP' setting is 15 seconds. Updating that to 70 seconds will allow more leeway after the app's loading time.
- Open the Watch app on your phone.
- Select General.
- Select Wake Screen.
- Select Wake for 70 Seconds.