How to replace your Smart Combustion motherboard in your Timberline grill.
Part Number: KIT0726
The Smart Combustion motherboard cover is a black plastic piece that protects the motherboard. You will need to remove this cover to access the wiring connections for the grill's components.
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding
To continue you'll need to remove your hopper service panel. To remove this panel for the first time, you'll want to use an impact driver to remove the screws behind the P.A.L rail on your hopper service panel.
- If this is your first time removing the hopper service panel and you don't have an impact driver of your own. Contact our customer support team and we'll send you a complimentary manual impact driver.
- If you already have a manual impact driver, proceed to removing the hopper service panel.
- If you have already removed the service panel screws, you can disregard the impact driver and use a regular Phillips screwdriver.
- Once you've removed the screws using the impact driver, continue with the next steps outlined here in this article.
- Use a manual impact driver to remove the hopper side service panel by removing 6 screws (2 located on top of the access panel, 2 below the hopper side rail, and 2 on the bottom of the access panel).
- Locate the Smart Combustion Cover (labeled 'Smart Combustion Cover').
- Remove the 4 screws.
- Replace the cover and attach it by securing it with the 4 screws you removed.
- Replace and secure the hopper side service panel.
- NOTE: The connections shouldn’t need to be disconnected to remove the motherboard. They are glued in to prevent strain on the cable. If you need further assistance with this, call Traeger Support and we will be happy to help.