Understand when and how to reset your D3 grill's WiFi.
What Does a WiFi Reset Do?
A WiFi Reset (SSID reset) forces your grill to forget any networks the grill has connected to previously. This feature is only on D2 grills. For new Timberline and Ironwood grills, see Forget Network.
- Performing multiple WiFi Resets will not break or damage a controller.
Which Grills Have a WiFi Reset Option?
D2 WiFIRE grills -- grills with a variation of the controller shown below -- have a WiFi Reset option. New Timberlines and Ironwoods do not have this function.
When Should I Reset My Grill's WiFi?
Resetting your WiFi is a helpful option to do whenever you are connecting a grill that has been connected to a WiFi network previously. Scenarios may include:
- Connecting a grill that has lost connection
- Connecting a grill to a new WiFi network or even when the WiFi network password has changed.
Performing multiple WiFi Resets will not break or damage a controller.
How to Do a WiFi Reset
Please take the steps below:
- Turn on the grill and press the Menu button.
- Scroll down to the WIFI INFORMATION.
- Press the knob to confirm selection.
- While on the WiFi Information Screen, press and hold the Ignite button for 10 seconds.
- Power Cycle the grill.
- Turn off and unplug the grill.
- Flip the power switch to the on position.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Flip the power switch to the off position.
- Plug in and turn on the grill.