In January, 2020, Traeger released its WiFIRE firmware update to Version 02.00.00.
WiFIRE-enabled (D2) grills that had not updated their firmware from Version 1 to Version 2 may encounter pairing difficulties. This is typically seen on grills manufactured prior to November 2019.
- Pro 575
- Pro 780
- Ironwood 650
- Ironwood 885
- Timberline 850
- Timberline 1300
- Century (D2)
- Silverton (D2)
- Timberline 850 (AC)
- Timberline 1300 (AC)
Will My Grill Still Work Un-Paired?
Yes! Your grill will still work while not connected to WiFi. However, you won't be able to control your grill from the Traeger app, and you may be missing out on some firmware updates that could help improve your grill's performance.
First, find your firmware version.
- Plug in your grill, turn it on and press the power button on the controller to wake it up.
- Press the MENU button to enter the main menu.
- Rotate the selection knob so that SETTINGS is highlighted. Press the knob.
- Rotate the selection knob so that ABOUT GRILL is highlighted. Press the knob.
- You will see a line that says “SW VER: XX.XX.XX”, where there will be a series of numbers, starting with either “01” or “02”.
Next, take the correct steps based on your firmware version.
- 1.01.04 or earlier: Replace your controller. If your grill is still in warranty, contact Customer Support for a controller replacement.
- 1.01.05 or 1.01.06: Your grill should connect without issue.