How to use the CLEAR AUGER function on a WiFIRE-enabled grill.
Most auger jams are caused by wet or compromised pellets.
Clear an Auger Jam Using the 'CLEAR AUGER' Function
WiFIRE-enabled grills have a feature called CLEAR AUGER, accessed by navigating on your controller to MENU > AUGER > CLEAR AUGER.
When the user runs CLEAR AUGER, the auger turns backward at full speed for ten seconds, pauses for one second, turns forwards for twelve seconds, pauses for one second, and repeats until the user cancels the operation from the menu.
Before Using 'CLEAR AUGER'
- Clean your firepot.
It is important that when using this function, the Firepot is cleaned properly before and after, emptying the hopper and cleaning out any debris, dust or swollen pellets.
- Empty your hopper, cleaning out debris, dust and swollen pellets.
In nearly all cases where the CLEAR AUGER function will need to be used, the entire hopper will need to be cleaned out (Most common cause: swollen pellets due to excess moisture).
- Fill the hopper with fresh pellets.
If 'CLEAR AUGER' Doesn't Work
If CLEAR AUGER doesn't successfully clear a jam, proceed to How to Clear an Auger Jam Manually below.
How to Clear an Auger Jam Manually
1. Remove the Auger
- Remove the lower panel underneath the hopper. This allows access to Auger Motor.
- Remove the 4 bolts holding the Auger Motor to the grill frame.
- Loosen the small screw that locates the Auger bushing.
- Pull Auger, Motor, and Bushing out of the grill.
- Clean any debris from Auger.
2. Reinstall the Auger
- Put Bushing, Auger, and Motor back into the grill.
- Tighten the small screw that locates the Auger bushing.
- Re-install the 4 bolts holding the Auger Motor to the grill frame.
- Re-install panel underneath the hopper.
**NOTE: If the bushing is not lined up with the bushing retention screw, the auger gets jammed/pinched in the bushing and won't turn.