Your WiFIRE controller display is your view into the workings of your D2 grill. This article will cover some common issues you may experience with your display and how to troubleshoot them.
Black, Blank, Dark, Or Lines On Screen
If the display ever appears blank or is difficult to see in existing lighting, adjust the display's contrast. Contrast issues generally occur in cold weather. If contrast adjustment does not resolve, Replace the controller.
- To adjust contrast, go to MENU > CONTRAST > Adjust to the preferred level.
If the screen is completely dark, follow these steps:
- Press MENU.
- Turn the knob 5 clicks to the right to get to SETTINGS.
- Turn 1 click to the right to get to CONTRAST.
- Then click the knob left for darker and right for lighter.
A flickering screen is usually indicative of a poor connection somewhere on the controller. First, check the connections by removing the four screws that hold the controller and disconnecting and reconnecting the various connections. You may also follow our Controller Replacement video to help walk you along checking wire connections.
Pixel fading may be a response to colder weather--lower ambient temperatures can often dim the display. Pixel fading can also be caused by ESD (electro-static discharge). For example, if a grill is on a vinyl or non-wood deck that could generate static electricity, the static can translate to the controller when touched.
- If the grill is on a vinyl or non-wood deck, consider moving the grill to a different location.
- Power cycle your grill by turning off > unplug > plug in > turn on the grill.
- Ensure contrast settings are adjusted.
If you are receiving one of the following issues, contact Customer Service.
- The grill components are turning on, but the digital display does not.
- The digital display only shows 3 dashes (---).
- Error codes are stuck on the display, even after unplugging the grill.
- If the controller screen remains black after adjusting the contrast.