Information on Traeger's Fish & Veggie Stainless Steel Grill Tray, part of Traeger's ModiFIRE accessories collection, which feature sit cooking surfaces that sit securely on your grill grates to instantly expand your cooking possibilities.
|Related Articles & Links|
|Buy on Traeger.com||https://www.traeger.com/accessories/modifire/grill-tray|
Fish & Veggie Stainless Grill Tray Specs & Features
|Dimensions||18.25” x 10.16” x 2.6”|
|Materials||Brushed stainless steel|
Fits perfectly on ModiFIRE®-compatible grill grates.
ModiFIRE accessories are designed to fit perfectly on ModiFIRE®-compatible grill grates.
- Grills with ModiFIRE®-compatible grill grates include new Timberline and Ironwood models.
The ModiFIRE Fish & Veggie Stainless Steel Grill Tray is the perfect size to fit parallel with the grill grates, as seen in the image below.
Grills that do not have ModiFIRE®-compatible grill grates can still use the ModiFIRE Fish & Veggie Stainless Steel Grill Tray, though you may need to adjust the position the tray on the grates -- rotating it 90° to sit perpendicular to the grill grates.
Seasoning a Fish & Veggie Stainless Steel Grill Tray
Similar to cast iron accessories, the ModiFIRE Fish & Veggie Stainless Steel Grill Tray needs to be seasoned prior to use and may require additional seasoning throughout its lifespan.
- Increases nonstick feature
- Prevents discoloration
How Often Do I Need to Season My Fish & Veggie Grill Tray?
Season the tray whenever you notice the seasoning coating starts to deteriorate.
How to Season Your Fish & Veggie Stainless Steel Grill Tray
- Wash with soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
- Heat your Traeger® Grill to 400°F (204°C). Place Fish & Veggie Grill Tray inside the grill to heat.
- Once the Fish & Veggie Grill Tray is hot, pour a small amount of high-smoke-point oil (we recommend avocado or refined vegetable oil) onto a paper towel and wipe across all internal surfaces of the tray. Do not use too much oil – it’s better to apply in small amounts over multiple sessions.
- Place the tray back into the grill; then remove after 10 minutes or when the oil starts to lightly smoke.
- Once cool, use a clean paper towel to wipe off any excess oil.
- Repeat as desired.
How to Clean Your Fish & Veggie Stainless Steel Grill Tray
- Allow the Fish & Veggie Grill Tray to cool.
- Clean with regular dish soap with a plastic scraper, stiff brush, or dish sponge.
- Avoid steel sponges.
- Burned or sticky foods should always be scraped and cleaned from the surface.
- Before cooking, pour small amounts of high-smoke-point oil (we recommend avocado or refined vegetable oil) onto a paper towel and wipe across all internal surfaces of the tray.
- Do not use too much oil.