How to replace your pellet sensor on your new Timberline or Ironwood grill.
|About This Part||Pellet Sensor|
|D2 Replacement Instructions||Pellet Sensor Installation - D2|
|Pellet Sensor Errors||Pellet Sensor Notifications|
How to Replace a Pellet Sensor on New Timberlines & Ironwoods
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding
To continue you'll need to remove your hopper service panel. To remove this panel for the first time, you'll need to use an impact driver to remove the screws behind the P.A.L rail on your hopper service panel.
- If this is your first time removing the hopper service panel and you don't have an impact driver of your own. Contact our customer support team and we'll send you a complimentary manual impact driver.
- If you already have a manual impact driver, proceed to removing the hopper service panel.
- If you have already removed the service panel screws, you can disregard the impact driver and use a regular Phillips screwdriver.
- Once you've removed the screws using the impact driver, continue with the next steps outlined here in this article.
After removing the service panel screws:
- Remove hopper side service panel.
- Remove smart combustion cover.
- Locate pellet sensor cable and disconnect from the motherboard.
- Open the hopper lid and remove the two screws from pellet sensor mount.
- Pull the old pellet sensor up and out of the hopper, feeding the connector through the small hole in the hopper wall.
- To replace, feed the new pellet sensor cable through a small hole in the hopper wall.
- Fasten the pellet sensor to its mounting bracket with two screws.
- Route the cable back through the small hole in the hopper wall from step 4.
- Connect the pellet sensor to the motherboard.
- Reattach the smart combustion cover.
- Reattach the hopper side access panel.