How to replace a power switch on a WiFIRE-enabled grill: KIT0358: Traeger On/Off Switch.
How to Replace a Power Switch on a D2 WiFIRE Grill
- Make sure your Traeger grill is turned off and unplugged.
- Remove the hopper's access panel by unscrewing the 4 Phillips screws with your screwdriver.
- Depending on your model, this may be on the side or bottom of the hopper.
- Find the power switch box. Squeeze the top and bottom of the switch box as you push the switch out of the grill's hopper.
- NOTE: You may need to slide the switch back and forth to pry it out of your hopper.
- Disconnect your power switch's 3 wires from where they connect.
- Use the wires from the new power switch to replace the wires just unplugged.
- Insert the new switch into your hopper.
- Your new switch's orientation will not affect your grill, but it's best if the ON button is at the top for easy use.
- Reinstall your hopper access panel.
- Reattach your power cable, plug in your grill and Traeger on!
How to Confirm Your New Power Switch Is Working
- Plug in your grill.
- Flip the power switch to the ON position. If the switch lights up, you've installed the switch correctly!
- If the switch does not light up, make sure the outlet is active by plugging in another appliance such as a hair dryer.
- Make sure the wires were plugged in securely.
- If you have any questions, we invite you to contact Customer Support.