Information about common issues that can be found and simple steps to replace an induction fan on your non-WiFIRE Traeger grill.
Related Articles & Links
- Buy a draft induction fan for a non-WiFi grill on traeger.com
- What Is an induction fan?
- Induction Fan Replacement Instructions for Non-WiFi Grills
Applicable Part Numbers
The issues reviewed in this article apply to grills without WiFi connectivity. The part numbers for induction fans on these grills include the following:
On the chance that a fan is disconnected, use these steps to reconnect. correctly. You may want to use the connection instructions outlined in Wiring to assist you through these steps.
- Remove the bottom or side panel of the hopper to view the components inside.
- With the grill on and running, see if the fan is spinning.
- If the fan is disconnected, the fan should not be spinning.
- Turn off and unplug the grill.
- Unscrew the controller and pull it out enough to see the wires connected to the back.
- Ensure the fan is correctly connected to the controller.
- See AC Grill Wiring for more in-depth instructions.
- Check the connections between the orange and white wires.
- If the fan starts spinning after securing the connections and running the grill, you are ready to continue grilling.
- If the fan does not spin after securing connections, contact Customer Support.
Strange Noises Coming From Fan
A noisy fan is usually due to grime built up on the fan or a wire or other object hitting the fan while it's turning.
- Check the inside of the hopper by removing the bottom grill grate to see if you can locate if something, such as a wire zip tie is hitting the fan.
- If there is nothing visibly hitting the fan, manually spin the fan with your hand to help break up any grime that has built up.
Fan Not Turning / No Noise Coming from Fan
If the induction fan is not turning, it is either broken and not working or not receiving power.
- Check all the connections as outlined in Fan Disconnected.
A melted induction fan usually happens after the fan has been replaced and it was installed backward. If you find that your fan is melted, please contact Customer Support.