Learn how to replace the pellet clean-out slide on your new Timberline or Ironwood grill.
What Is a Pellet Clean-out Slide?
The pellet clean-out slide is a sliding mechanism located at the bottom of the hopper, which allows users to easily empty their hopper, whether it be for troubleshooting or just to swap out pellet flavors. The pellet buckets fit directly under the hopper, so when a customer is ready to empty their hopper, they can just pull the clean-out slide and the pellets will empty directly into the pellet bucket.
Applicable Part Numbers
How to Replace a Pellet Clean-out Slide
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding
To continue you'll need to remove your hopper service panel. To remove this panel for the first time, you'll want to use an impact driver to remove the screws behind the P.A.L rail on your hopper service panel.
- If this is your first time removing the hopper service panel and you don't have an impact driver of your own. Contact our customer support team and we'll send you a complimentary manual impact driver.
- If you already have a manual impact driver, proceed to removing the hopper service panel.
- If you have already removed the service panel screws, you can disregard the impact driver and use a regular Phillips screwdriver.
- Once you've removed the screws using the impact driver, continue with the next steps outlined here in this article.
Once you've removed the hopper service panel screw:
- Turn off and unplug the grill.
- Remove the hopper service panel.
- Use an impact driver if removing for the first time. Following times can use a regular Phillips screwdriver.
- Remove the wing nut screw from the back of the pellet slide. (see 0:34 in video)
The wing nut screw is on the back of the box that the auger motor is attached to (the pellet evacuation chute).
- Remove the metal stopper (prevents the slide from pulling out too far during use.
- Remove the two screws that connect the two slide pieces (the eyes of the smiley face)
- Pull the pellet clean-out slide out through the front of the grill.
- Insert the new slide into place, guiding it all the way to the back.
- Reinstall the slide stopper and secure in place with the wing nut screw.
- Reinstall the two Phillips screws to connect the two slide pieces together.