How to replace the power button on new Timberline and Ironwood grills.
The power button turns on the grill to illuminate the display, and is located on the front of the hopper, underneath the P.A.L Rail.
Where Do I Find the Power Button on New Timberlines & Ironwoods?
The power button is located on the front of the hopper, just underneath the P.A.L rail.
To access the power button to replace it, you will need to remove the hopper access panel on the side of the hopper.
How to Replace a Power Button on New Timberlines & Ironwoods
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding
To continue you'll need to remove your hopper service panel. To remove this panel for the first time, you'll want to use an impact driver to remove the screws behind the P.A.L rail on your hopper service panel.
- If this is your first time removing the hopper service panel and you don't have an impact driver of your own. Contact our customer support team and we'll send you a complimentary manual impact driver.
- If you already have a manual impact driver, proceed to removing the hopper service panel.
- If you have already removed the service panel screws, you can disregard the impact driver and use a regular Phillips screwdriver.
- Once you've removed the screws using the impact driver, continue with the next steps outlined here in this article.
- Turn off and unplug your grill.
- Remove the hopper service panel.
- Remove the 6 service panel screws found on the top and bottom of the panel and just under the side P.A.L rail.
- Pull the panel away from the grill.
- Inside the hopper, locate the power button near the front.
- Disconnect the wires from the power button by gripping onto the blue connector and pulling away from the button.
- Unscrew the nut that holds the button in place.
- Pull the power button out of the hopper from the front of the grill.
- Insert the new power button into the hopper.
- Screw on and hand-tighten the nut to secure the button in place.
- Plug the blue wiring connector into the power button.
- Align the hoper panel with the screw holes and tighten the 6 screws you previously removed.