Your grill's lid should sit flush on the barrel. A gap between the lid and the barrel that is less than 1/4 inch (0.63 cm) is normal, and there's no reason to worry.
How to Fix a Lid Gap
If you see a gap larger than 1/4 inches between your grill's lid and barrel, please take the steps below.
- Loosen the screws on your grill's hinges with a screwdriver.
- Check if loosening the screws on the hinges closes the lid gap.
- If loosening the screws didn't close the lid gap, please contact Customer Support.
- Inspect the hinges, lid, barrel, and grill grates for any damage that may prevent the lid from closing completely.
- If there's damage, please contact Customer Support.
- Check if your lid's curve matches your barrel's curve.
- If your lid's curve doesn't match your barrel's curve, please contact Customer Support.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our Customer Support.