There are several meat probe alerts that you may see on your grill's controller and in the Traeger app.
BAD MEAT PROBE
If you receive a Bad Meat Probe message, please contact our Customer Support team so we can get you set up with a new probe.
This message occurs when a WiFIRE controller is unable to calibrate a probe successfully. Please take the steps below:
- Make sure your probe is inserted entirely into the jack, and try to calibrate again.
- Power Cycle your grill.
- Calibrate your probe again.
- If you get this message again, contact Customer Support so we can help you troubleshoot further.
INSERT MEAT PROBE
This notification appears when your wired meat probe is plugged into your grill's controller, but it's not fully inserted into a protein.
WHAT DOES THE GRILL DO WHEN THIS ERROR OCCURS?
The grill pushes the alert. This notification isn't critical, and it won't interfere with your cook.
WHAT TO DO
To clear this notification you have two options:
- Unplug the wired meat probe from your grill's controller.
- Insert your wired meat probe into your food.
IF THE NOTIFICATION CONTINUES:
If you continue to get an Insert Meat Probe notification after following the options above, power cycle your grill.
Remember, this is simply an alert and has no effect on your grill's ability to perform. If you are in the middle of a cook, power cycle your grill once you're done cooking.
- Turn off your grill.
- Unplug your grill.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug in your grill.
- Power up your grill.
If you have any questions or if the alert continues, contact Customer Support.