This article will cover the causes and resolutions for the following errors: Err, Er1, and Er2. These three errors are for AC grills only.
Err & Er1
There is a bad connection or a complete disconnect between the RTD probe and the control panel.
Ensure that the connections look good. Check the RTD connection by following these steps:
- Turn off and unplug your grill.
- Remove the two Phillips-head screws holding the controller in place.
- On the back of the controller, loosen the flathead brackets on the green box that hold the RTD wires in place.
- Completely disconnect the RTD wires from the green housing box. You do not need to unscrew the screws completely.
- Re-insert the RTD wires into the green housing box and re-tighten the flathead brackets.
- Place the controller back in place and screw in the two Phillips head screws you removed earlier.
- Plug in the grill and turn it on. The error should no longer appear.
- If the Err or Er1 codes still appear on the controller, please call Customer Service.
An ER2 error message indicates that the RTD probe (i.e., temperature sensor) has failed.
Please contact Customer Service.