Steps to replace a transformer on a Traeger flat top grill.
How to Replace a Transformer on a Flat Top Grill
1. REMOVE POWER PANEL
- Unplug the grill from power, close the propane tank and disconnect the regulator.
- Find the power panel on the back of the grill, unplug the power cord, and remove the 9V battery, if one is installed.
- Remove the 4 screws (2 on the left and 2 on the on right) securing the power panel to the grill.
- Pull Panel away from the grill and make note of the placement of the electrical wires.
- 6 Wires: 2 connected to the power switch, 2 connected to the battery compartment and 2 connected to the power outlet
- Disconnect all wires.
2. REMOVE TRANSFORMER
- From underneath grill, find the control housing panel and remove the two thumb screws holding it in place. Slide access panel toward the front of the grill to remove panel.
- Locate the transformer near the rear of the griddle (adjacent to where the power panel was).
- Unscrew the two Phillips-head screws and pull out the transformer.
3. INSTALL NEW TRANSFORMER & REINSTALL POWER PANEL
- Align the new transformer into place and secure with the two provided Phillips-head screws.
- Reinstall the control housing panel using the two thumb screws.
- Reinstall the power panel, reattaching the 6 wires and securing with the 4 Phillips-head screws.