How to remove your Timberline/Timberline XL's or Ironwood's hopper side panel.
On Gen 2 Timberline & Ironwood grills, the access panel is on the side of the hopper. It can be removed to access the internal components of the motherboard. From here, you can also access the auger motor assembly, the display/controller, and the internal cooling fan.
HOW TO REMOVE/REPLACE THE SERVICE PANEL
- Remove the hopper side P.A.L rail.
- Confirm you have a good fit between the 2" screwdriver bit and the screw.
- Have someone hold/secure the grill in place.
- Ideally, use an manual impact driver or a good #2 Phillips screwdriver.
- These screws can strip if using an ill-fitting bit/screwdriver or drill. Proceed with caution, being aware of if the screw starts stripping. If the screw begin stripping, contact our customer service.
- Remove the two screws below the P.A.L rail first, apply moderate pressure to the screws with the driver and remove.
- Remove the remaining hopper access panel screws: 2 screws on the top of the panel and 2 screws on the bottom angled surface.
- Pull the access panel from the hopper.
- To replace the hopper access panel, put the new panel on and reinsert screws in reverse order from above.