Traeger teamed up with MEATER when designing the new Timberline grills to create the Traeger X MEATER (TXM) Wireless Meat Probe. This probe creates a unique experience that pairs the probe directly with the grill.
TRAEGER X MEATER PROBE FAQs
HOW MANY PROBES COME WITH NEW TIMBERLINES?
New Timberline grills come standard with two TXM Bluetooth Wireless Meat Probes and one charging dock. You can pair up to four TXM probes with a single grill.
Customers will be able to purchase additional TXM probes in 2-packs beginning Fall, 2022.
I ALREADY HAVE A MEATER PROBE. CAN I USE IT WITH MY GRILL?
TXM probes will not pair with the MEATER app. Likewise, MEATER probes will not pair with Traeger's Timberline grills.
HOW DOES A TXM PROBE DIFFER FROM OTHER MEATER PROBES?
TXM probes are a special collaboration that pair with Traeger's new Timberline series. While MEATER probes pair with the MEATER app, TXM probes pair directly with the grill and are managed either through the grill's controller or through the Traeger app.
HOW TO USE YOUR MEAT PROBES
- Once the grill is on, remove a charged Traeger® Bluetooth Probe one at a time from the charging dock and the controller will automatically recognize any previously paired probe. A probe widget will appear within the Traeger Dashboard where you can find additional information on probe status and shortcuts for setting probe goal alarms.
- Insert the probe tip halfway into the thickest part of the protein – avoid touching any bones or the fatty portion of the protein. The probe needs to be in the protein at least 2 inches (5.1 cm). This probe may not be suitable if you cannot insert the probe into the thickest part of the protein and 2 inches (5.1 cm) into the protein. After your probe has been inserted, load your food onto the preheated grill.
- To cook to an internal temperature, set a probe goal alarm. When you first connect a Bluetooth or wired probe, a popup will provide a shortcut to easily set a goal temperature alarm. Select 'YES' and follow the prompts.
- If you missed the popup, you can set a probe goal alarm via the (...) shortcut in the Dashboard underneath the probe widget, or via the 'Accessories' options within the menu.
- Use the selection dial to select the desired temperature for your probe goal alarm and press the dial to select and confirm. Can't remember the safe internal temperature for Chicken Marsala? Tap 'SELECT BY PRESET' to find a list of the food-safe temperatures associated with typical protein choices.
- A tone will sound when your protein reaches the set alarm temperature. If using the Traeger app, you will also receive a push notification on your connected smart device.
- Use probe only for its intended purpose of measuring the internal temperature of meat, fish, and poultry.
- For best performance, DO NOT insert probe’s ceramic handle into the meat.
- When cooking, ensure the probe is not touching any HOT cooking surface.
- Avoid applying left/right/up/down pressure on the probe’s ceramic handle when removing from the meat. To remove, pull and twist on the same horizontal axis of insertion.
- Probe will be hot during or after use. Use heat-resistant gloves when handling probe.
- Keep probe charging dock away from water and liquids. Failure to do so may cause electrical shock.
- DO NOT use probe in a microwave or pressure cooker.
- DO NOT place probe charging dock on any hot surface.
- DO NOT drop probe onto hard surfaces.
- DO NOT exceed probe internal sensor limits of 212°F (100°C) or probe ambient sensor limits of 527°F (275°C). Temperatures above these maximums may damage probe.
- Due to high heat, it is not recommended to use wireless probes with the pizza oven mode.