Information on the Timberline Induction Cooktop.
HOW INDUCTION WORKS
Induction cooking heats the cookware directly with a magnetic current. Because the unit uses a magnetic current to heat, the material of the pan must also be ferrous to complete the magnetic field (see Compatible Cookware below). Induction eliminates the need for an open flame or burner, creating a safer cooking experience. The induction technology also provides fast cooking, consistent and precise temperature, and easy clean-up.
HOW TO USE YOUR INDUCTION COOKTOP
SET YOUR DESIRED POWER LEVEL
To set a power level, you will need an induction-compatible pan on the surface. The Induction Cooktop will not heat if a pan is not present.
- Turn the control dial to the desired power level and press down.
- The light ring will blink until you press the dial.
- After pressing the control dial to select the power level, the light ring will turn orange to indicate a hot surface.
- If the light ring instead turns white and travels back and forth between off and Turbo, the cooktop has entered a Pan Compatibility Check and it is likely that the pan is not induction-compatible.
- If the white light travels back and forth and then turns off, the pan is not compatible. The cooktop will continue to auto-shutoff if there is no compatible pan present.
CHANGE YOUR POWER LEVEL DURING A COOK
To change the power level on the cooktop, simply turn the control dial to a new power level and press the dial to confirm the selection.
- For safety regulations, users cannot change their cooktop's power level from the app.
TURN OFF YOUR COOKTOP
IMPORTANT: Do not turn off the power or unplug the grill before this cycle is complete.
You can turn off your cooktop two different ways:
- Press and hold down the control dial for three seconds.
- Turn the dial to OFF and press the dial to select.
The light ring will initiate a cool-down cycle by displaying a counter-clockwise spinning orange light ring. The light ring will stop spinning orange when this cycle is complete.
HOW TO MONITOR YOUR COOKTOP
You can monitor your induction cooktop from either the grill's controller display or directly from the Traeger app.
MONITOR FROM YOUR GRILL
When the cooktop is paired and connected to the grill, the grill dashboard will display the power level (e.g. TURBO) and the status (whether it is on or off, indicated by a teal dot) of the cooktop.
MONITOR FROM THE TRAEGER APP
Once your cooktop is paired and connected to the grill, the Induction Cooktop tile will appear on the grill control screen in the Traeger app.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR COOKTOP
- Turn off the cooktop by pressing and holding the control dial for 3 seconds.
- Let the unit complete the cool-down cycle.
- Allow the cooktop to cool.
- Wipe the exterior with a clean damp cloth and either mild soap or non-chemical cleaners.
- For tough residue, you may also use a dedicated glass/ceramic cooktop cleaner.
- Thoroughly wipe off any mild soap or cleaners.
- When not in use, always cover the cooktop.
- Keep the cooktop away from water, both topside and underside.
- Do not replace the cover on the cooktop until it has completely cooled.
- Keep the cooktop protected from inclement weather, including extreme temperatures and moisture.
Traeger's induction cooktop is compatible with our newest grills: the Timberline and the Timberline XL.
Simmering & Boiling
|Storage Temperature||-40°F - 120°F
-40°C - 49°C
|Compatible Cookware||Cast Iron, Iron, or ferrous stainless steel
Minimum 5.5"/14cm diameter
|Pairing Method||Pairs with the grill and can then be monitored via the Traeger app.|
COOKTOP DIAL LIGHT SIGNALS
|Off/Idle||No light.||If the cooktop is not plugged in or if there is no interaction for a period of time, the light ring will turn off.|
|Broadcasting||Light above the Bluetooth symbol is pulsing.||The unit is broadcasting its Bluetooth signal. The grill will be able to see this signal and begin a pairing process. If this light is not pulsing, turn the unit off and on again to restart this broadcasting mode.|
|Paired||The light above the Bluetooth symbol is on and steady.||The unit is connected and successfully paired to the grill.|
|Power Select||A light rotates as you rotate the dial to select your desired power level.||From a paired or unpaired state, simply turn the control dial to your desired power level. A single LED will illuminate and blink until confirmed. To confirm and begin heating at the indicated power level, press the dial down.|
|Turbo||The entire dial illuminates orange.||The cooktop is in Turbo mode(our highest power setting). Turbo is great for searing steaks or blistering your favorite pepper side dish. NOTE: Induction heats up fast. To avoid overheating, the Induction Cooktop will start to intermittently cut back power and recover.|
|Cooking Confirmation||The ring is orange to a certain level.||A compatible pan is present, and you have confirmed your power level selection. When you press the control dial, the light ring will fill to the designated power level and turn orange, indicating a hot surface. You should also hear an audible fan kick on and begin the heating process.|
|Pan Compatibility Check||White, rotating light.||The unit will run a compatibility test when you press the control dial and no pan is present or an incompatible pan is detected. During this process, a white light will travel up to TURBO and back to OFF several times before turning off, indicating no pan or an incompatible pan. This state will also appear if you lift a pan off the surface for more than a few seconds during a cook.|
|Overheat Error||Light ring flashes orange.||Hot summer days mixed with TURBO heat for a prolonged duration can sometimes cause an overheat error. If that’s the case, the Induction Cooktop will protect the internal electronics and initiate an overheat error to cool down. Let the Induction Cooktop cool and do not unplug or turn the unit off.|
|Cooldown Cycle||Light rotating counterclockwise.||The Induction Cooktop will initiate a cool down cycle when you turn the unit off. An orange light will travel around the dial counterclockwise and the fan will continue to run to cool down the cooktop. The light ring will stop spinning when this cycle is complete.|