Timberline and Timberline XL grills have several components included in replacing the grease management system. See each section below for how-to steps to complete each process.
EZ CLEAN DRIP TRAY
Timberline drip trays are a new design from previous models, funneling grease and ash to a grease tube in the center of the barrel rather than off to the side.
- Timberline: KIT0623
- Timberline XL: KIT0624
DRIP TRAY LINERS
Timberline and Timberline XL models do not have compatible drip tray liners, nor do you need one. The EZ Clean nature of these grills' drip trays enables easy cleanup. Because these new Timberlines conduct heat much more efficiently than previous models, you should also refrain from lining your drip tray with foil as this can increase the heat conduction and cause an unwanted grease fire.
HOW TO REPLACE A DRIP TRAY
- Open Grill lid
- Remove Grill grates
- Remove Manifold/Drip Tray
- Insert new Manifold/Drip Tray
- Replace Grill grates
The heat baffle previously used in Traeger grills has been replaced with the Evenflow Heat shield -- sometimes called the manifold -- which is located between the barrel and the drip tray. The redesigned shape facilitates faster cleanup as it directs ash into the grease tube.
- Timberline: KIT0627
- Timberline XL: KIT0628
WARPED HEAT SHIELD
You may find that your manifold will be slightly warped after a thermal event. This is expected and does not require replacement: and the grill will continue to work as designed.
HOW TO REPLACE A HEAT SHIELD
- Open grill
- Remove grates, drip tray, and drain cap.
- Remove the old heat shield.
- Unscrew the grease drain tube from the existing heat shield.
- Screw-in the grease drain tube into the new heat shield.
- Insert the new heat shield into the grill.
- Reinsert drip tray, grates, and drain cap.
GREASE DRAIN CAP
Part of the new grease management system. This is the silver, square part that fits into the bottom of the drip tray. The grease governor is designed to block large items from falling directly into the grease tube.
Part Number: KIT0666
HOW TO REPLACE A GREASE GOVERNOR
- The grease drain cap simply sits on top of the drip tray hole that leads to the grease tube. No assembly is required.
GREASE EXTENSION DRAIN
Part Number: KIT0688
HOW TO REPLACE A GREASE TUBE
- Remove grill grates, drip tray, and grease drain cap.
- Remove the manifold with the attached drain tube.
- Unscrew the two Phillips-head screws holding the drain tube to the manifold.
- Attach the new drain tube to the manifold using the two Phillips screws.
- Replace the manifold, drip tray, grease cap, and grates.
EZ CLEAN GREASE & ASH KEG
Part Number: KIT0629
HOW TO REPLACE THE GREASE AND ASH KEG
- Open lower cabinet doors
- Locate Ash and Grease Keg
- Press the Orange button on the Ash and Grease Keg
- Pull Ash and Grease Keg Downward and towards the cabinet doors
- Insert new Ash and Grease Keg by following the rails
- Once the new Ash and Grease Keg is pushed all the way up, level it and the orange button will click and lock the Ash and Grease Keg in place
- Close Cabinet doors
GREASE BUCKET RAILS
Part Number: KIT0678