How to replace a hopper/auxiliary fan, which is located inside your hopper and keeps the electronic components cool, on your Timberline grill.
NOTE: This fan is smaller and different from the induction fan, which is larger and responsible for controlling the temperature inside the grill. If you have questions about replacing the induction fan, see this article: Replace a Timberline Induction Fan.
PART NUMBER: KIT0621
HOW TO REPLACE AN HOPPER/AUXILIARY FAN
- Turn off and unplug the grill.
- Remove the hopper side panel by removing the 6 screws located at the top and bottom of the panel and underneath the P.A.L rail.
- Find the fan housing cover near the front bottom of the grill, just to the left of the orange auger motor.
- Loosen the screws on the housing.
- Follow the wires from the fan housing to the wire harness connecter. Disconnect the two sets of wires.
- Remove the screws from the fan cover housing. You may need to use needle-nose pliers on the nuts on the bottom of the housing to be able to remove the screws.
- Remove the fan housing.
- Replace with the new fan housing.
- Replace the screws into the fan housing and tighten them.
- Re-connect the fan wire harness.
- Replace the hopper side panel and screw it into place.