Demo Mode is typically only used by retailers during display and demonstration in store. The process to put new Timberline grills into Demo Mode is different than the process for other WiFIRE-enabled grills.
TYPES OF DEMO MODES
There are two different demo modes retailers may choose from: Retail Demo Mode and Sales Rep Demo Mode.
|RETAIL DEMO MODE||SALES REP DEMO MODE|
Intended to engage customers at retail floors
Use when the grill is unattended by a sales rep on the floor
Grill functionality locked out
Looped slideshow of key features and benefits
Use when attended by a sales rep, demonstrating how the grill works to customers
Grill cooking functionality locked out (i.e. grill will not heat up)
Will display a DEMO watermark on the top-right of the display screen
Ignition: shortened to 3 seconds
Preheating: Shortened to 10 second temperature climb
Shutdown: Shortened to 5 seconds
HOW TO PUT A GRILL IN DEMO MODE
- Plug in and power on the grill.
- Check the grill's firmware.
To access Demo Mode, grills will need to be on the following versions OR NEWER:
Display: 01.01.01 Software: 01.01.00
- If the grill is on an older firmware version than required, connect the grill to WiFi to download the latest firmware. Once updated, proceed.
- Press the controller display buttons in the following sequence:
- Super Smoke
- Keep Warm
- The controller will display a new menu that has two Demo Modes to choose from: SALES REP DEMO MODE and RETAIL DEMO MODE.
- Select the desired Demo Mode.
HOW TO TAKE A GRILL OUT OF DEMO MODE
If selling a Demo unit, we recommend also forgetting the network by navigating to MENU > WIFIRE CONNECTIVITY > FORGET NETWORK.
|GET OUT OF RETAIL DEMO MODE||GET OUT OF SALES REP DEMO MODE|
Press the display buttons in the following sequence: