How to replace a thermocouple on a Timberline grill.
PART NUMBER: KIT0659
- Remove side access panel.
- Remove the lid of the grill, by removing the top half of the hinges.
- Locate the Thermocouple wire cover, in between the hoper and the grill lid.
- Remove this by removing one Phillips head screw.
- Remove the Thermocouple window on the back of the grill by removing 2 Phillips head screws.
- Locate the stainless steel clip holding the thermocouple wire in place.
- Remove the thermocouple by loosening the thermocouple bracket clamp screw.
- Inside the hopper locate the bright yellow thermocouple wire and gently pull old thermocouple out now that all fasteners are removed.
- Take new thermocouple wire and feed it into the opening of the back of the hopper.
- Feed the wire though the window on the back of the grill and up into the thermocouple bracket clamp.
- See drawing for specific length.
- Tighten clamp, put window back on, and put wire cover on.
- Connect thermocouple to motherboard following + and - symbols.
- Put smart combustion cover back on motherboard.
- Put hopper access panel back on grill.
- Reinstall lid.