Information on what the "Flame Out" Error means on a new Timberline grill and what to do when this occurs.
The Pellet level of the grill may be critical or exhausted and has run out of pellets, or another error may have occurred, allowing the grill to stay in a flame-out state for an extended period of time.
WHAT DOES THE GRILL DO WHEN THIS ERROR OCCURS?
The grill will shut down and go into a short cool-down period of 5 minutes.
WHAT TO DO
- Begin by running a full SELF-TEST: Door open with a flashlight to check the flame sensor, then with the door closed to check the lid sensor. To do this, follow the steps below:
- On the grill controller display, press the MENU button
- Turn the dial until you get to MAINTENANCE & CARE --> press dial to select.
- Select SELT-TEST by pressing the dial.
- Let the grill run the complete SELF-TEST, leaving the grill undisturbed while this completes. It should take just a few minutes to complete.
- Confirm the placement of the FIREPOT is accurate. This is CRITICAL to the grill being able to function properly. This needs to be verified every time there is a temp issue. See the Replacing a Timberline Firepot article for more information on correct installation.
- See if there is a Pellet Level Notifications and check pellets to determine if pellets have run out.
- Remove grill grates, drip tray, and heat shield.
- Prime the auger to visibly see if the pellets are exiting the auger tube and verify that the auger is moving.
- If the auger is moving and pellets are flowing into the firepot, the error should disappear.
- If the auger is not rotating and feeding pellets into the firepot, continue troubleshooting.
- Next, Run a full cook cycle to see if any residual errors come up.
- If no errors arise: the grill is fine.
- If the error persists, continue troubleshooting.
- Confirm the auger motor connection is secure and undamaged.
- Remove the hopper access panel and the Smart Combustion cover.
- Disconnect and reconnect the auger motor connection, confirming the connection is secure.
- Repeat troubleshooting from Step 1: Run Self-Test.
- If no errors arrive during the self-test, the grill is fine.
- If the error still persists: Contact Customer Support.