What to do when the Error: 0028 "Pellet Sensor Disconnected" appears on your new Timberline grill.
The grill does not detect the pellet sensor.
WHAT DOES THE GRILL DO WHEN THIS ERROR OCCURS?
The grill continues to cook but at a reduced performance.
WHAT TO DO
- Make sure firmware is up to date.
- Confirm all connectors are fully connected.
- Remove hopper access panel and smart combustion cover.
- Confirm connection on the motherboard are secure.
- Remove the hopper access panel on the right side of the hopper.
- Remove the Smart Combustion cover.
- Disconnect and reconnect all connectors.
- Confirm cable connection to pellet sensor is secure.
- Confirm wiring is not pinched, cut damaged inside hopper.
- If any wires are pinched or damaged, contact Customer Support.
- Run SELF TEST.
- If the pellet sensor does not fail, you're good to get Traegering!
- If the error returns or the pellet sensor fails, contact Customer Support.