Information on the "Lid Sensor Disconnected" error and how to resolve it.
This error number used to display as “0025” in firmware version 01.00.05. The error number changed to “0026” in firmware version 01.00.06.
The grill cannot connect to the lid sensor.
WHAT DOES THE GRILL DO WHEN THIS ERROR OCCURS?
The grill continues to cook but at reduced performance because the grill does not know if the lid is open or closed.
WHAT TO DO
- Make sure FIRMWARE is up to date.
- Outdated firmware could cause this message to show.
- If the error number displayed is the old number, update the firmware.
- See HOW TO PAIR YOUR TIMBERLINE GRILL for more info if needed.
- Run a SELF-TEST to ensure there are no disconnects. Follow the steps below:
- On the controller display, go to MENU>MAINTENANCE & CARE>SELF-TEST. The test should take about 10 seconds to complete.
- If the lid sensor test fails, proceed to the next step.
- Confirm all connectors are fully connected manually.
- Remove the hopper access panel and smart combustion cover.
- Confirm connections are secure on the motherboard.
- Confirm wiring is not pinched, cut, or damaged inside the hopper.
- Confirm no obstructions are caught in fan blades.
- Rerun a SELF-TEST to ensure connections are solid after manually checking.
- If the lid sensor test fails again, contact Customer Support.