What to do when you get Error: 0025 Sensor Disconnected on your Timberline or Ironwood grill.
The grill cannot connect to the lid sensor.
The grill continues to cook but at reduced performance because the grill does not know if the lid is open or closed.
- Make sure FIRMWARE is up to date.
- Outdated firmware could cause this message to show.
- If the error number displayed is the old number, update the firmware.
- See HOW TO PAIR YOUR TIMBERLINE GRILL for more info if needed.
- Run a SELF-TEST to ensure there are no disconnects. Follow the steps below:
- On the controller display, go to MENU>MAINTENANCE & CARE>SELF-TEST. The test should take about 10 seconds to complete.
- If the lid sensor test fails, proceed to the next step.
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding
To continue you'll need to remove your hopper service panel. To remove this panel for the first time, you'll need to use an impact driver to remove the screws behind the P.A.L rail on your hopper service panel.
- If this is your first time removing the hopper service panel and you don't have an impact driver of your own. Contact our customer support team and we'll send you a complimentary manual impact driver.
- If you already have a manual impact driver, proceed to removing the hopper service panel.
- If you have already removed the service panel screws, you can disregard the impact driver and use a regular Phillips screwdriver.
- Once you've removed the screws using the impact driver, continue with the next steps outlined here in this article.
Once you've verified current firmware and have the hopper service panel removed:
- Turn off and unplug your grill.
- Confirm all connectors are fully connected manually.
- Remove the smart combustion cover.
- Confirm connections are secure on the motherboard.
- Confirm wiring is not pinched, cut, or damaged inside the hopper.
- Confirm no obstructions are caught in fan blades.
- Rerun a SELF-TEST to ensure connections are solid after manually checking.
- If the lid sensor test fails again, contact Customer Support.