What to do when the Error:0023 "Lid Sensor Error" comes up on your new Timberline grill.
When during a cook, the lid sensor reports that the lid is open and the controller does not see a drop in temperature.
WHAT DOES THE GRILL DO WHEN THIS ERROR OCCURS?
The grill continues to cook but at a reduced performance.
WHAT TO DO
- Make sure firmware is up to date.
- Confirm the magnet is correctly positioned.
- Try removing the magnet, flipping it over and attaching on the other side.
- Run self test to determine if the lid sensor has gone bad.
- If the lid sensor fails, remove the magnet from the lid and stick it directly on the sensor.
- Run self test again to confirm if error still present.
- If error is fixed by sticking directly to sensor, contact Customer Support.
- If error is NOT fixed by sticking the magnet directly to the sensor, replace the lid sensor.
- Ensure there are no leaks/damage in the seal around the grill lid that may be causing a dip in temperature that would allow the cause of the error to occur.
- If you note damage to the seal, contact Customer Support.
- Confirm all connectors are fully connected.
- Remove hopper access panel and smart combustion cover.
- Confirm connections on the motherboard are secure.
- If you are unsure, disconnect and reconnect all connections.
- Confirm cable connection to lid sensor are in tact and secure.
- Confirm wiring is not pinched, cut or damaged inside hopper.
- If any cabling is damaged, contact Customer Support.
- Run Self Test again.
- If the Lid Sensor Error continues, contact Customer Support.