What to do when the Error: 0013 Auger Not Detected shows up on your Timberline or Ironwood grill.
What Does the Grill Do when this Error Occurs?
The grill starts a shutdown cycle.
The grill isn't getting expected tachometer feedback from the auger motor.
What to Do
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding
To continue you'll need to remove your hopper service panel. To remove this panel for the first time, you'll want to use an impact driver to remove the screws behind the P.A.L rail on your hopper service panel.
- If this is your first time removing the hopper service panel and you don't have an impact driver of your own. Contact our customer support team and we'll send you a complimentary manual impact driver.
- If you already have a manual impact driver, proceed to removing the hopper service panel.
- If you have already removed the service panel screws, you can disregard the impact driver and use a regular Phillips screwdriver.
- Once you've removed the screws using the impact driver, continue with the next steps outlined here in this article.
- Check your grill's firmware to make sure it's on the latest version.
- Ensure the grill is cool and finished with its shutdown cycle.
- Run a SELF-TEST to ensure there are no disconnects. Follow the steps below:
- On the controller display, go to MENU > MAINTENANCE & CARE > SELF-TEST. The test should take about 10 seconds to complete.
- If the auger check fails, proceed to the next step.
- Manually confirm all connectors are fully connected.
- Remove the hopper service panel using a manual impact driver.
- Remove the smart combustion cover.
- Confirm connections on the motherboard are secure.
- Confirm cable connections to the auger motor are secure.
- Confirm wiring is not pinched, cut, or damaged inside the hopper.
- Re-run another SELF-TEST.
- If the auger check fails, Customer Support.