What to do when the controller "Fan Not Detected" comes up on your new Timberline.
- This error number used to display as “0008” in firmware version 01.00.05. The error number changed to “0009” in firmware version 01.00.06.
The grill isn't getting expected tachometer feedback from the convection fan.
The error message appears, and the grill starts a shutdown cycle.
Safety Considerations: The fan blades are sharp enough to cause harm. Proceed with caution.
- Make sure FIRMWARE is up to date.
If the error number displayed is the old number, update the firmware.
- Ensure the grill is cool and finished with its shutdown cycle.
- Run a SELF-TEST to ensure there are no disconnects. Follow the steps below:
- On the controller display, go to MENU > MAINTENANCE & CARE > SELF-TEST. The test should take about 10 seconds to complete.
- If the fan test fails, proceed to the next step.
- Confirm all connectors are fully connected manually.
- Remove the hopper access panel and smart combustion cover.
- Confirm connections are secure on the motherboard.
- Confirm wiring is not pinched, cut, or damaged inside the hopper.
- Confirm no obstructions are caught in fan blades.
- Rerun a SELF-TEST to ensure connections are solid.
- If the fan test fails again, contact Customer Support.