What to do when the controller error: 009 "Fan Not Detected" comes up on your new Timberline.
The grill isn’t getting expected tachometer feedback from the convection fan.
The error message appears and the grill starts a shutdown cycle.
Safety Considerations: The fan blades are sharp enough to cause harm. Proceed with caution.
- Make sure firmware is up to date.
- Ensure the grill is cool and finished with its shutdown cycle.
- Run Self Test. If the fan test fails, proceed to next step.
- Confirm all connectors are fully connected.
- Remove hopper access panel and smart combustion cover.
- Confirm connections are secure on mother board.
- Confirm wiring is not pinched, cut, or damaged inside hopper.
- Confirm no obstructions are caught in fan blades.
- Run Self Test.
- If the fan test fails again, contact Customer Service.