Information on the controller "Slow/Low Temp Error" and what to do when it happens.
The grill is unable to climb into the cooking temperature range. This is usually due to running out of pellets or an improper shutdown after the previous cook.
What Does the Grill Do when this Error Occurs?
The grill will start a standard cooldown procedure. This ensures the grill is in a safe state.
What to Do
Safety Considerations: The internal components of the grill may still be hot after a full cooldown. Proceed with caution.
- Check your grill's firmware to make sure it's on the latest version.
- Ensure the grill is cool and finished with its shutdown cycle.
- Check the hopper for pellets. If there are pellets, proceed to the next step.
- Open the grill and remove the grates, drip tray, and manifold to inspect the firepot. Check the firepot for ash pucks and general obstruction of the ignitor and convection air holes.
- If the firepot is clear, reassemble the grill cavity components and proceed to the next step.
- Add pellets to the hopper and run the Prime Auger action from the User Interface/controller.
- After this is complete, the grill is ready to cook again.