Information on the controller "Slow/Low Temp Error" and what to do when it happens.
This error number used to display as "0001" in firmware version 01.00.05. The error number changed to "0002" in firmware version 01.00.06.
The grill is unable to climb into the cooking temperature range. This is usually due to running out of pellets or an improper shutdown after the previous cook.
- See RUNNING OUT OF PELLETS & HOW TO SHUT DOWN YOUR TRAEGER for more info.
The grill will start a standard cooldown procedure. This ensures the grill is in a safe state.
WHAT TO DO
Safety Considerations: The internal components of the grill may still be hot after a full cooldown. Proceed with caution.
- Make sure FIRMWARE is up to date.
- If the error number displayed is the old number, update the firmware.
- Ensure the grill is cool and finished with its shutdown cycle.
- Check the hopper for pellets. If there are pellets, proceed to the next step.
- Open the grill and remove the grates, drip tray, and manifold to inspect the firepot. Check the firepot for ash pucks and general obstruction of the ignitor and convection air holes.
- If the firepot is clear, reassemble the grill cavity components and proceed to the next step.
- Add pellets to the hopper and run the Prime Auger action from the User Interface/controller.
- After this is complete, the grill is ready to cook again.