What to do when you get the "High Temp Error" on your new Timberline grill.
The grill got too hot -- somewhere in the neighborhood of 550°F/287°C. Grease fires are a common culprit for this error. Grease Fires are typically caused by insufficient cleaning/maintenance. Be sure to clean your grill thoroughly, especially after cooking greasy foods. See MAINTAINING & CLEANING YOUR GRILL for more cleaning information.
What Does the Grill Do when this Message Occurs?
The grill will start a special cool-down procedure to help prevent any further damage to the grill.
What to Do
- Check your grill's firmware to make sure it's on the latest version.
- Rescue any food while you still can.
- Allow the grill to finish its automatically initiated cool-down procedure.
- Once the grill is cool, inspect the thermocouple for damage.
- Clean the grill thoroughly before starting another cook.
- Feel free to contact Customer Support if you have additional questions.