What to do when you get the "High Temp Error" on your new Timberline grill.
This error number used to display as "0000" in firmware version 01.00.05. The error number changed to "0001" in firmware version 01.00.06.
The grill got too hot -- somewhere in the neighborhood of 550°F/287°C. Grease fires are a common culprit for this error. Grease Fires are typically caused by insufficient cleaning/maintenance. Be sure to clean your grill thoroughly, especially after cooking greasy foods. See MAINTAINING & CLEANING YOUR GRILL for more cleaning information.
The grill will start a special cool-down procedure to help prevent any further damage to the grill.
WHAT TO DO
- Make sure FIRMWARE is up to date.
- If the error number displayed is the old number, update the firmware.
- Rescue any food while you still can.
- Allow the grill to finish its automatically initiated cool-down procedure.
- Once the grill is cool, inspect the thermocouple for damage.
- Clean the grill thoroughly before starting another cook.
- Feel free to contact Customer Support if you have additional questions.