How to resolve a '510 Error' in BBQ124 and BBQ125 grills.
Some customers have reported seeing a '510 Error' on their grill's Elite Digital Controller. This error indicates that there's a bad connection point between the RTD and controller. This error only appears in BBQ124 Professional (Elite) and BBQ125 (The Executive).
Check the RTD connection by following the steps below:
- Unplug the grill and remove the two Phillips head screws holding the controller in place.
- Loosen the flathead brackets holding the RTD wires in the green box.
- Completely disconnect the RTD wires from the green housing box. The screws do not need to be fully removed.
- Reconnect the RTD wires by tightening the flathead brackets. There is no specific order or direction that the wires need to be reinserted.
- Place the controller back in place and screw in the two Phillips head screws you removed earlier. Next, plug the grill back in and turn the grill on to see if the error still appears.
IF TROUBLESHOOTING DOESN'T WORK
Please contact our Customer Service.