What to do to if you get a message saying, Unable to Connect to Grill... Your phone wasn't able to connect to your grill..." when pairing a grill to the Traeger app.
There are three common causes of this error:
Cause 1 - Already Connected
The grill is already connected to a WiFi network.
Cause 2 - Network Name or Password
When pairing a grill manually (without a QR Code) the grill network name and/or password were entered incorrectly.
Cause 3 - VPN
Your phone is connected to a VPN, meaning the grill and the phone are connected to different networks and are unable to find one another.
What Do I Do to Fix This?
Diagnose WiFi Connectivity Issues with Our Self-Serve App
For any error regarding WiFi connectivity, we suggest using our free WiFi diagnostics self-help app to begin troubleshooting. This app will analyze your home network from your grill's location and offer suggestions to improve your WiFi connectivity.
Cause 1 Resolution - Already Connected
- Check to see if your grill is already connected to a WiFi network.
- navigating on the grill to Menu > WiFi Settings
- If the SSID and Signal Strength fields are populated, the grill is already connected to a network.
- Select Forget Network on the grill.
- Restart your grill and begin the pairing process again.
Cause 2 Resolution - Network Name or Password
- Restart the pairing process by verifying your grill's network name and password are entered correctly.
- The grill network name looks like “Traeger-XXXX” where “XXXX” can be any combination of letters and numbers.
- Grill WiFi password looks like “WIFIREYYYY” where “YYYY” can be any combination of numbers.
Cause 3 Resolution - VPN
- Disconnect from the VPN.
- Re-pair, making sure that both your phone and your grill are connected to the same network.