How to resolve the iPhone or iPad message saying, Error Provisioning Grill.
NOTIFICATION: 'ERROR PROVISIONING GRILL'
This is an iOS-generated message meaning that the app was able to connect with the grill during the initial pairing process, but the grill was unable to establish and complete a connection with your home WiFi network, ultimately resulting in a failed pairing.
Causes are typically due to:
A grill's inability to connect to a WiFi network.
Not being able to connect with the server. Many times, this inability to connect to WiFi comes from additional WiFi network or phone settings.
Please take the steps below:
- Turn off your grill.
- Unplug and wait 10 seconds before plugging it in and turning it on again.
- Close and restart the Traeger App.
- Since this is often triggered by additional WIFi network or phone settings, check to see if you have any of the components below:
- VPN connection enabled on your phone
- Router with a transparent proxy
- Network without a DHCP server
- Network has 802.1X authentication