How to resolve the error message saying, Error Provisioning Grill.
This is an phone-generated message meaning that the app was able to connect with the grill during the initial pairing process, but the grill was unable to establish and complete a connection with your home WiFi network, ultimately resulting in a failed pairing.
Causes are typically due to:
- Server Timeout
- A grill's inability to connect to a WiFi network.
- Not being able to connect with the server. Many times, this inability to connect to WiFi comes from additional WiFi network or phone settings.
- Turn off your grill.
- Unplug and wait 10 seconds before plugging it in and turning it on again.
- Close and restart the Traeger App.
- Since this is often triggered by additional WIFi network or phone settings, check to see if you have any of the components below:
- VPN connection enabled on your phone
- Router with a transparent proxy
- Network without a DHCP server
- Network has 802.1X authentication