You're already having an amazing experience with your Traeger WiFIRE-enabled grill, but connecting it to your Amazon Alexa will take it to the next level. We'll teach you how to link your Traeger grill to your Alexa and popular commands you can use.
LINKING YOUR TRAEGER TO THE AMAZON ALEXA APP
Beginning July 2022, Traeger is no longer supporting the Traeger Alexa Skill; users will no longer be able to find Traeger when searching through the Alexa Skill library.
Any users who had previously added the Traeger Skill to their Amazon Alexa device will continue to be able to use their Traeger grill with their Amazon Alexa; however, users will not be able to re-add the device should they decide to remove it at any time.
NOTE: The Amazon Alexa feature is not available in Europe.
TRAEGER ALEXA COMMANDS
Alexa allows you to monitor and control your WiFIRE-enabled grill, similarly to how you do so on the Traeger app. Below are some of the commands Alexa recognizes that you can use to have a whole new grilling experience.
For safety reasons, just like the Traeger App, Alexa is unable to turn on and ignite your grill. However, you may ask Alexa the status of your grill, as well as initiate the shutdown cycle using the following commands:
- "Alexa, turn My Traeger off."
- "Alexa, is My Traeger on?"
- "Alexa, is My Traeger off?"
- Alexa, set the temperature in My Traeger to 175."
- "Alexa, set My Traeger to 175 degrees."
- "Alexa, what temperature is My Traeger set to?"
- "Alexa, what is the temperature in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, set the probe temperature in My Traeger to 200 degrees."
- "Alexa, what is the target probe temperature in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, how hot is the food in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, 20 minutes on My Traeger."
- "Alexa, when is the food done in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, what is the pellet level in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, set the smoke setting in My Traeger to super smoke."
- "Alexa, set the smoke setting in My Traeger to normal smoke."
- "Alexa, what is the smoke setting in My Traeger?"