Below you will find an overview of what a power brick is and how to remove/install one on your WiFIRE (D2) grill.
What Is a Power Brick?
Power bricks are found only on Traeger's D2 WiFIRE grills, and may be referred to as an AC adapter, plug pack, plug-in adapter, adapter block, power adapter, AC/DC adapter, or AC/DC converter.
Traeger power bricks convert AC power (what your home runs on) to DC power (what your WiFIRE grill runs on). They are used with electric devices that require power but do not contain internal components to derive the required voltage and power.
Applicable Part Numbers
Buy a replacement power brick here: Traeger Power Brick Replacement Kit
How to Replace a Power Brick
- Gently pull on the power cord to unplugging/removing it from the power brick.
- Remove the grate under the hopper.
- Depending on your model, the screws holding the lower panel might be underneath the hopper or on the side.
- Remove the two screws on the U-shaped bracket that holds the power brick. The power brick will no longer be supported once this is removed and will fall out.
- Unplug the electrical connector at the top of the power brick and remove the power brick from the hopper.
- Connect the electrical connector to the new power brick and insert the power brick back into the metal holster.
- Place the U-bracket under the power brick, ensure the legs of the U-bracket are outside of the power brick holster and screw the U-bracket into place.
- Reinsert the grate below the hopper and tighten screws to secure it.