Understand why your Traeger grill is pushing a notification that says, "Insert Meat Probe."
What does the grill do when this alert occurs?
The grill pushes the alert. This notification isn't critical, and it won't interfere with your cook. Your grill will continue working without issue if this occurs in the middle of your cook.
Why did this alert appear?
This notification appears when your wired meat probe is plugged into your grill's controller, but it's not fully inserted into a protein.
What to do to resolve this alert
To clear this notification, you have two options:
- Unplug the wired meat probe from your grill's controller.
- Insert your wired meat probe into your food.
If you continue to get an Insert Meat Probe notification after following the options above, power cycle your grill.
Remember, this is simply an alert and has no effect on your grill's ability to perform. If you are in the middle of a cook, power cycle your grill once you're done cooking.
- Turn off and unplug your grill.
- Flip the power switch to the ON position, wait 10 seconds, and flip the power switch back to the OFF position.
- Plug in and turn on your grill.