So your D2, WiFi-enabled Traeger grill shut off in the middle of your cook. What should you do now?
- Your grill shuts off without you initiating the Shutdown Cycle
- Most common on grills paired with an Android device running an old version of the Traeger app
A grill shutting off in the middle of a cook is most often caused by one of the following:
- Power outage or tripped outlet/breaker
- Traeger app is on a previous version
- Grill firmware on a previous version
- Grill wiring disconnected or damaged
What to Do
- Check if the power went out, if the outlet or your breaker tripped, or if the grill became unplugged.
- Make sure your Traeger app is on the latest version.
- Check your grill's firmware to make sure it's on the latest version.
- If the grill shut off mid-cook while on the latest app version, please contact Traeger's Customer Support so we can continue gathering additional instances of this issue.
- To continue grilling without the grill shutting off in the middle of your cook, opt to control your grill using the grill's controller instead of the Traeger app.