Steps to replace a controller and a burner knob on a flat top grill.
Replacing a Flat Top Grill Controller
TOOLS NEEDED: Phillip Screwdriver
- Move all control knobs are in the OFF position. Unplug the grill from power, close the propane tank valve, and disconnect the regulator from the propane tank.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws at the bottom of the control panel.
- From underneath the grill, open the main control housing by removing the 2 thumb screws that hold it in place.
- Pull the wire harness out to remove the control panel.
- Slide the control panel to the right until is stops and pull the panel away from the wall of the grill body.
- This at times can be tricky. It helps to jiggle the control panel and lift upward to get it off the mounting screws.
- Disconnect the wire harness from the main control board.
- Fully remove the control panel and wire harness. Pull the wire harness completely through the slot by moving the control panel away from the grill.
- Feed the new wire control panel wire harness through the slot the old one came out of.
- Position the new control panel onto the mounting screws and slide left until it is secure in place with the two screws you removed in step 2.
- Connect the new wire harness and reattach the control housing with the 2 thumb screws you removed in step 3.
- Install burner knobs.
Replacing a Flat Top Grill Burner Knob
- Pull off the old knob.
- Press new knob into groove.